Call For Papers
Catholicity and Mission Topic Session
vanThanh Nguyen, SVD, Catholic Theological Union (convener)
Marinus Iwuchukwu, Duquesne University
Susan Abraham, Loyola Marymount University
Lumen Gentium underscores that the entire people of God through baptism are gifted and summoned to participate fully in the life and mission of the church. In connection with the theme of this year’s conference, “Sensus Fidelium,” the Catholicity and Mission Topic Session seeks papers that will address the following topics and issues:
- The role of the sensus fidelium in fundamental moral theology and in particular areas, such as, ecology, sexual ethics, human rights, poverty and economics, and war and peace;
- The impact of the doctrine of the sensus fidelium upon the understanding and hermeneutic of the Bible, the practice of inculturation, and the vocation of the laity;
- The connection between missio Dei and the integrity of the whole creation.
The envisioned format of the session is a panel presentation, including three presenters, a single respondent and open discussion.
- Proposal should be not more than 250 words.
- You should also include a 100 words précis that will be posted on the CTSA website should your paper be accepted.
- Include full name and contact information of all participants, including e-mail.
- Indicate whether your presenters will be requiring A/V equipment.
- CTSA guidelines require that those making proposals ordinarily be associate or full members in good standing with their dues paid up. Anyone with an associate or full membership application on file can also submit a proposal if they expect to be accepted for membership in the upcoming June convention.
- No member may present a paper/respond to a paper/participate on a panel more than once at a given convention, with the exception of members of under-represented groups.
Deadline: September 1, 2014. Please submit proposals to: vanThanh Nguyen, SVD at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified by e-mail whether your paper has been accepted by September 14, 2014.