Call For Papers
Catholicity and Mission Topic Session
Marinus Iwuchukwu (Convener)
Convention Theme: Justice and Mercy
“Justice and Mercy” are core elements of Catholic understanding of virtue. Also both Justice and Mercy are at the heart of the Church’s mission globally. In keeping with “Justice and Mercy” as the theme of 2016 CTSA convention, the Catholicity and Mission Topic Session seeks papers that will address the following topics and issues:
- Justice and Mercy as fundamental to the moral identity of the Catholic Church globally and in particular local Church relationship with the society. Specifically addressing issues of ecological sustainability, human rights, poverty and political policies, and war and peace are recommended;
- Faith traditions and their impacts on the justice systems of different countries, especially on the subjects of racism, gender inequality, class differences, police brutality, and dignity of immigrants; and
- The Church’s response to the use of the justice system and the prevalence of oppression and marginalization of minorities in society.
Please note that your proposal needs to clearly address the mission dimension of any of the above. The envisioned format of the session is a panel presentation, including three presenters, a single respondent and open discussion.
INFORMATION TO BE INCLUDED IN YOUR PROPOSAL:
- Your paper proposal should be not more than 250 words. You should also include a 100 words précis that will be posted on the CTSA website should your paper be accepted.
- Please provide your name and institution and contact information, including e-mail.
- Indicate whether you will be requiring A/V equipment.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SUBMITTING PAPER PROPOSALS:
- CTSA guidelines require that those making proposals ordinarily be associate or full members in good standing with their dues paid up. Anyone with an associate or full membership application on file can also submit a proposal if they expect to be accepted for membership in the upcoming June convention.
- No member may present a paper/respond to a paper/participate on a panel more than once at a given convention. An exception is made for members of under-represented groups, not including presentations made to the Women’s Consultation on Constructive Theology.
- A new CTSA rule stipulates that a member may not present more than two years in a row.
- Please submit proposals to: Marinus Iwuchukwu at email@example.com by September 1, 2015. You will be notified by e-mail whether your paper has been accepted by September 14, 2015.