Call For Papers
Fundamental Theology and Method Topic Session
Peter Bernardi, S.J., Loyola University Chicago (Convener)
John Thiel, Fairfield University
Daniel Rober, Fordham University
Convention Theme: Sensus Fidelium
We invite proposals for papers to be presented at the 2015 annual convention. Proposals may address any of the concerns of fundamental theology and/or theological method. We especially welcome proposals that address the convention theme “Sensus Fidelium.” Papers that attend to the convention theme might consider the theology/theologies of tradition; theologies of human agency in discerning the ecclesially true; fundamental-theological reflections on the act of faith in its personal and/or corporate dimensions; the contributions of pneumatology to theological method/s; the role of the sensus fidelium in our efforts to re-think theological method; the capacity of sociological data to capture the sensus fidelium theologically without reducing it to popular opinion or subsuming it into a preconceived methodological approach that eclipses the authentic faith of the People of God; is the shrinking professional attention to fundamental theology compared, for example, to the fields of ethics and global Christianity a certain expression of the sensus fidelium?
The fundamental theology and method section welcomes proposals that explore any of the above questions as well as other ways of conceiving the intersection between fundamental theology and the conference’s theme. The section will also consider outstanding proposals on topics that do not pursue the conference’s theme.
- Proposal should be between 200 and 500 words.
- You should also include a 100 words précis that will be posted on the CTSA website should your paper be accepted.
- Include full name and contact information of all participants, including e-mail.
- Indicate whether your presenters will be requiring A/V equipment.
- CTSA guidelines require that those making proposals ordinarily be associate or full members in good standing with their dues paid up. Anyone with an associate or full membership application on file can also submit a proposal if they expect to be accepted for membership in the upcoming June convention.
- No member may present a paper/respond to a paper/participate on a panel more than once at a given convention, with the exception of members of under-represented groups.
Deadline: September 1, 2014. Please submit proposals to Peter Bernardi firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitters will learn of the disposition of the proposal by September 14, 2014.